VLTP Brushless Air Bearing Spindle Controller
The VLTP-4215 spindle controller is the perfect choice for systems requiring the ultimate in low jitter performance and ultra-fast acceleration. Velocity stability performance of 0.0006% (<50nS) with acceleration and deceleration limited only by spindle parameters can be easily achieved thanks to our exclusive frequency-lock technology and field proven high-power linear amplifier output stage.
The unique design of the VLTP-4215 allows it to be a drop in replacement for industry standard MCS LA-2000 and MFM BDC-610 controllers. In addition to backward compatibility, the VLTP-4215 has many additional customer requested features, such as, fully adjustable PID gains, flexible extra I/O options, position mode, S curve ramps, stop on index, and a simple user-friendly text based interface.
Using an incremental encoder as feedback, the VLTP-4215 can commutate with or without hall sensors.
The VLTP-4215 controller can be configured to operate in a variety of modes to match almost any application. Operating modes include: Position, Analog Velocity, Analog Torque, Digital Frequency-locked Velocity and Digital Torque.
A user-friendly serial interface makes programming a simple task. With your choice of high-speed USB or RS-232 connectivity and over 100 commands, there is enough flexibility to allow configuration and tuning for almost any application.
User programmable inputs can be configured as either general purpose inputs or dedicated functions for Air Interlocks, Direction and Enable. Inputs are jumper configurable for optical isolation. 6 user programmable outputs are provided and can be configured as general purpose or dedicated functions for Fault, Zero-Speed, At-Speed and Ready.
**Tested with a Dover Revolution XLIII spindle at 7,200RPM with a single 65mm media payload.
- Low jitter velocity control for air-bearing spindles
- Linear amplifier power stage for low noise operation
- Frequency-locked Velocity mode up to 30,000 RPM*
- Compatible with industry standard controllers
- Adjustable PID parameters
- Positioning to within one encoder count
- Stop on index
- 7-Segment LED Status Display
- Sinusoidal commutation
- Encoder start-up with or without hall sensors
- Extensive internal protection features
- Non-volatile storage of all system parameters
- Simple, easy to use command set
- Field programmable for easy upgrades
- Built-in user interface simplifies setup
- High Speed USB or RS-232 serial interface
- External Frequency locked following mode (1/2 Axis)
- Optically isolated I/O’s with programmable logic levels
- Analog Torque or Velocity modes for use with other controllers